We’ve all been advised the significance of slathering on the solar cream time and time once more, however one woman has found the implications of ignoring the warnings the arduous manner.
A video has gone viral displaying the poor woman’s again lined in a number of blisters after she determined to absorb the solar at a preferred vacation spot in Antalya, Turkey.
The clip was captioned: “The results of sunbathing with out making use of solar cream.”
Some of the blisters were so large and severe that they had started to weep, serving as a stark reminder to other sun worshippers that protecting your skin from the sun is an absolute must.
The video has already been considered practically 2,000 occasions, with shocked commenters responding to share their horror on the ugly clip.
One wrote: “And people wonder why I don’t want to sit in the hot ass sun cooking by the pool or beach smh”
While another added: “That appears to be like like solar poisoning. Also, these blisters have therapeutic fluid and defend the pores and skin beneath. Don’t pop them.”
Sunburn is known to increase a person’s risk of skin cancer, and you can even catch a nasty burn on a cloudy day.
The NHS advises that if you do find yourself with sunburn, you should sponge the sore skin with cool water before applying aftersun, which will help add moisture to the skin and cool down the burn.
It also suggests taking paracetamol or ibuprofen to ease the pain and reduce inflammation.
If you begin feeling unwell or develop swelling or blisters, you should seek medical attention.
The NHS also has tips for sun safety, which include using a sun cream with an SPF of at least 30, as well as trying to take cover in a shaded area between 11am and 3pm, when the sun is at its hottest and most dangerous.