UK News

Family of toddler who died of infection caught on Turkish holiday still seeking answers

The household of a British toddler who died after contracting a abdomen bug at a resort in Turkey hopes an inquest will present answers as to why their “princess was taken”.

Allie Birchall, two, developed problems after staying on the Crystal Sunset Luxury Resort and Spa in Antalya.

Her household needed to make the choice to modify off her life assist after she was flown again to the UK and had been rushed to hospital.

Allie died on 3 August, 2019 – simply three weeks earlier than her third birthday – and fewer than two weeks after returning house from their holiday on the resort.

The household all suffered from gastric signs in the course of the course of their holiday, which was booked by means of tour operator Jet2 Holidays.

The two-year-old lady who died after she contracted a severe bacterial infection throughout a holiday to Turkey in 2019

( SWNS)

Allie first started to point out indicators of sickness on 27 July, 2019, about 4 days after returning house from Turkey.

Her situation worsened and he or she was recognized with E.Coli. An MRI scan revealed that the toddler had sustained brain injury.

Allie, from Atherton in Wigan, Greater Manchester, was positioned in a coma to try to save her life on 1 August, however she died two days later.

An inquest into her loss of life is because of happen at Manchester City Coroner’s Court on 17 May.

Katie Dawson, 36, stated she was determined for answers as to how her daughter died.

Ms Dawson stated: “The past three years have been the worst of my life. I still struggle to accept that Allie has gone, as she was so full of life and such a happy little girl.

“All of us fell ill around about the time of our holiday to Turkey, but we didn’t think for one minute that it would end the way it did.

“Our lives haven’t been the same since then and while we can’t turn back the clock and change what happened, we need answers as to why our princess was taken from us.

“It’s the least we deserve and we hope the inquest will provide us with these.”

An inquest into Allie’s loss of life was opened final year earlier than being adjourned.

The temporary listening to heard her trigger of loss of life was “encephalopathy and other complications associated with haemolytic uraemic syndrome (HUS) due to toxins produced from E. Coli”.

The courtroom heard proof from a report by advisor microbiologist, Dr Vanya Gant, which stated the pressure of E. Coli was “almost certainly acquired in Turkey”.

Allie Birchall, from Atherton in Wigan, Greater Manchester, was positioned in a coma to try to save her life on 1 August, 2019, however she sadly died simply two days later

( SWNS)

It was additionally heard that different members of the family had fallen ailing across the time of the holiday and the household had issues concerning requirements of hygiene on the resort.

Jatinder Paul, a lawyer at Irwin Mitchell who is representing Allie’s household, stated: “It’s almost three years since Allie died and her loved ones are understandably still devastated at losing her in such a tragic way.

“The family were really looking forward to their holiday in Turkey, but after they returned home Allie fell ill and what they then had to go through was the worst experience of their lives.”

“While we can’t change the suffering they’ve had to endure, we’re determined to help them obtain the answers they deserve and will continue to support them throughout the inquest process.

“If, during the course of the inquest any issues are identified, we also call for lessons to be learned.”

SWNS

Back to top button